Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Some random thoughts...

This weekend Stephen and I are driving up to Caronport (leaving Friday) to spend some time with his family. The biggest reason we are going for the visit is so that I can drop Stephen off for his week long class next week at Briercrest College. He is taking a "modular" class, I think it is a Junior High Minitries Modular class. Which, if you put two and two together...leaves me on my own next week! For the first time since I've been a married woman! I keep thinking about what in the heck I am going to do for 5 long days without my husband! How am I going to sleep at night without him there, or come home to an empty house.
I found just the solution...have my best friend Carissa over for some sleepovers! Whooo Hooooo! We haven't been able to spend a lot of time together because she is currently a student at the University of Saskatchewan and since married life I've been incredibly busy.
So I am so excited to be able to spend some time with her and just hang out.
I think its been an adjustment for all since Stephen and I have been married. Trying to let people know that we still want to hang out:) And that we love having people over. Sometimes people seem to get this perception that because we are married now, we only want to spend time with each other (although I know that happens with some couples!). We love our friends dearly and never want to take them for granted or lose our relationships with them!

There seems to be endless things to do this week. Just little errands here and there that add up. Run to the bank, stop off and get a hair cut, pick up this, go get that, make cookies, vacuum house. Tomorrow is my afternoon off, so I'm going to be running all of my errands, including going to the bank and finally changing my name! (It was the last place on my list...and its definitly been waiting too long!).

Crazy thing happened yesterday...an older man got hit yesterday in front of my office while crossing the street (and no he wasn't J-walking! He was using the crosswalk!). It was really horrible. The ambulance came, and the firetrucks and 3 or 4 police cars. They blocked off the street and were able to get him into the ambulance and off to the hospital. He didn't seem to be moving, which was really scary. His poor wife looked distraught. Can you imagine? I haven't heard of how he is doing, and there was nothing in the paper about the incident so hopefully the man is ok.

I suppose it is time for me to leave, I need to get some work done one of these days!
Blessings to you all.

5 comments:

carissa said...

Yay!!! Melissa I am soo excited to finally come over to your place for some sleepovers. It has seriously been way too long. I can't wait!! Have fun in Caronport. I'll be waiting when you get back! Love ya.

Brian Rhodes said...

Good luck while your husband is away. My wife hates it when I'm out of town. I can't say I like her being gone either. I agree though, it is a nice time to catch up with friends. Maybe catch up on some reading, shop, etc. etc. I usually come back to credit card bills when I leave my wife alone but at least I know she enjoyed herself a little while I was gone.

P.S. Make sure he sprays your pillow with his cologne. It might make it a little easier.

Dan King said...

Melissa ...

You both can come over for supper and hang out if you get bored .... just call!

::dan::

Stephen and Melissa Thiessen said...

Dan,

Thanks for the offer! I'll chat with Carissa and see whats going on. Have an awesome week. See you Thursday!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... New zealand marlborough sounds camping Ambien effects pain killers drug interactions Roanoke internet marketing blonde on knees Cataract surgery wait long Public sex fucking blonde jokes Liposuction plastic surgery before after pictures machine cabinet sewing cabinets zithromax throat infection blonde gay teen free free blacks on blondes series pics