Monday, October 17, 2005

Joy vs. Happiness

It has come to my attention that I need to be more joyful. Sure I can be happy a lot of the time...but I believe they are both two totally different things.
I am usually happy when things go my way...when something great happens that I obviously can be happy about. But what about the times when things don't go my way? When something happens that is out of my plan, or even when something happens that doesn't really get me excited?
Those are the times that I need to practice JOY. Joy is being happy when I dont' always feel like it. Joy I believe, is the outward expression of God's love in us, and God working through us. Shouldn't we always be joyful becuase we know that Christ lives in us and works through us always for the GOOD!! I think about all the times that I am not joyful, just because I have nothing to be happy about. I should always have something to be joyful about! I can be happy about those things that I love or enjoy...but I can CHOOSE to be joyful ALL the time.
I think it could make a big difference in my life as to the way I treat others, the way I treat and interact with my husband, and the way I can glorify God.
Just a little something to think about. So today, I am going to CHOOSE to be joyful because God calls me to be and because I have So much to be joyful about, even when life doensn't seem to be going my way.

1 comment:

carissa said...

Wow Melissa, that is such a good point! Its soo hard to think positive all the time especially when something doesn't go my way! Thanks for giving me something to think about, that's really cool!!
Love ya girl!