Friday, October 21, 2005

God thinks you're beauitful!

So I am just having one of those days...girls I think you know the ones I am talking about. The day where you wake up, and no matter what you put on, or how you do your hair or your makeup...you still feel yucky?
Nothing you have in your closet looks appealing, no amount of "playing" with your hair makes it look different or stylish, and your make up never changes, it always looks the same because you don't know any other way to put it on! You start thinking about how you would just love to go on a shopping spree, buy some new clothes and shoes and wear them around.
But guess what? Those new clothes that you thought would make you feel better...they won't. They might for awhile, but sooner or later they will become old and forgotten about. They will get shoved to the bottom of your drawer and the famous "I need new clothes...I have nothing to wear" will come out again.
Yup...thats about exactly how I'm feeling today. I'm feeling rather dull, not so nice looking, and in need of a drastic fashion makeover. The silly part is I understand that they won't make me feel better. At the time it might...I'll take the clothes home put them on and stare at myself in the mirror and TELL myself I look better.
Why is it that I think that the clothes I wear will make me more beauitful? Isn't beauty found inside, in the person that I am? My personality and my natural beauty?
It is funny that I am having "one of those days", because just last night I picked up a book from my sister for my jr. high youth. It is called "THE BEAUTY BOOK" by Nancy Rue and it is for ages 8-12. But really it is so important for people of older ages because we so often forget. God made us beauitful, exactly how we are, different from anyone else because he wanted each of us to be special. Amazing thought hey! That he cared enough to make me different from someone else. Makes you wonder why we so often compare ourselves to others. If any of you have little girls that are between the ages of 8-12 or have little girls that will eventually be that age, get this book! Its a great little thing for them to read through and answer questions and quizzes and learn more about themselves. I am so excited to go through this book with my jr high girls group and hopefully point them in the direction of looking to God to find their beauty. I need to be reminded of it today! God thinks I'm beauitful and thats all that matters.

3 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

I don't really know you nor do you know me but I stumbled across your blog and wanted to leave a message. I am also a Christian and a Music Minister at a church in South Carolina. Rarely will I look at others blogs that I don't know but by chance I happen to get into your blog accidently. I said all of that to say this, it's nice to know that there are great people out there with Christian character who are not looking to write a blog and fill it with obscene and crude things. Your blog's seem to be positive and uplifting and a breath of fresh air. Congrats on your new marriage. My wife and I love married life and it only gets better! (been married for 3 1/2 years). God bless and thanks for being so positive.

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! I just want you to know that I read your blog...and I really love it. I am always encouraged after reading it. So nice work on the blogging, you're doing a great job of keeping me entertained! hehe.

Anonymous said...

What a great site »