Monday, February 27, 2006

Vancouver 2010 here we come!

Stephen and I are avid Olympic watchers. Every night before bed at around 6:00PM or 7:00PM we would park ourselves infront of the TV and watch CBC until late into the night as they showed all of the Olympic events that went on in Torino that day. We both love the Olympics for numerous reasons. The atheletes stories, the intensity of the races, the pride felt while cheering on your country. It is amazing to me the hardships these atheletes go through to actually get to these olympic games. The funding, the couches, the sports therapists, the training. I have played sports most of my life, but have never come close to what these athletes put themselves through to try and win the gold medal, or silver or bronze. It truly is amazing.
We watched the closing ceremonies last night, and I was somewhat saddened. I kept thinking to myself, what am I going to watch on TV now? It was cool to watch as they passed the Olympic flag over to Vancouver and I couldn't help but get excited! Reality is that in 2010 most of us are only a few days drive away from watching the Olympics live! Stephen and I are already planning on attending and have already decided on the events we really want to see (we have WAY too much time on our hands! haha).
I must say I am proud of my country! 24 medals is the best we have ever done in a Winter Olympic games.
Some of my favorite moments of the Olympics were:
-Brad Gushue and his Canadian men's curling team winning the first ever gold medal in Men's Curling for Canada against Finland!

-Jennifer Hiel winning Canada's first gold medal. Her smile was priceless. What a sweetheart!

-Canadian Chandra Crawford, who basically came out of no where, winning the Gold medal for women's cross country skiing sprint. Her interview with CBC was absolutely the cutest thing I have ever seen. She just looked like a natural.


I hope all of you enjoyed the Olympics, and if anyone wants to road trip in 2010 we definitly should do that!
Have a great week:)










4 comments:

carissa said...

Oh man...that would be soo much fun to go see the Olympics!! We should definately take a bunch of people down there!! ROAD TRIP!!

Kim Funk said...

i would have to say chris and i would often be watching the sports as well..not by my choice but over time it grew on me..

Janelle said...

that would be a dream of mine to go... but ya know Melissa - you're really planning far ahead...it'll probably be a little hard to go when you'll be chasing around 3 year old twin boys!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! home decoration bedroom idea eagle house decoration Interracial poems Oral maxillofacial surgery programs in california interior design denver mustang projector headlights prowler camper refrigerators Adult bare bitch project clips snowie shaved ice machine Anyce prom dresses Dell dimension 2400 hard drive bracket Raven's ass 85 pontiac 2.8 v6 cod didrex shipping 140 amp circuit breaker