Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm finding it hard to find a title?

Hey all,
It has been much too long since I have posted anything. So long, I can't even find a good title for this blog entry! Lots has been happening in the Thiessen household, let me get you caught up:)
Busy might be the ultimate word choice for our lives...we just keep going and going (you've all seen the engergizer bunny commercial). Youth has kept us on our toes always, and just two weeks ago Stephen spoke at our College and Career service called FUSE (check out my links on the right, the blogsite for Fuse is there). He did a fantastic job, I was incredibly proud of him. He has such a gift.
This past week, Stephen and I almost got hit by an old man, who was lacking any sort of sensible driving skills. God was good and kept us from any harm.
Also this last week, I went into the optomatrist to get my eyes checked out. It wasn't the most encouraging visit, as I have some problems with my vision. My left eye isn't as strong as my right eye, and therefore gets quite tired because the muscles aren't as strong. This makes it difficult sometimes for my eyes to focus on things and they become very sore. I am getting what is called 'prism' in my glasses to help my eyes focus together much easier, and makes much less work for my left eye. The only problem is that my eyes will have to get used to the new lenses. I tried them on in the optomatrist office, and I felt like I was drunk (although to be truthful, I really don't know what that feels like...but I just assume if I was drunk that would be the feeling...everything moving around me and no focus!). My eye doctor says my eyes will need to adjust to the lenses for about 2 weeks and then hopefully by then my eyes will feel much better. Sometimes, there are cases where people can't adjust to prism in their glasses. I am praying (and you can as well) that my eyes adjust acordingly and that this really helps my overly tired eyes and my vision.
In other Thiessen news, I started Yoga:) I know as soon as some of you hear that word, your mind starts wandering to thoughts like chanting, rituals, and just plain wierd stuff. The Yoga that I am currently doing gets together in an church (and when I say church, I mean right in the sanctuary! haha It seems somewhat ironic, i know!) I believe the church is Anglican, but I could be wrong. There are about 14-15 of us that are apart of the group, mostly from the community. I'm going with some of my girlfriends from church, and this past Saturday was our very first day. I really enjoyed it, as I have committed to becoming more flexible! The Yoga we are apart of just focuses on the physical/exercise aspect. Apparently there are different kinds of Yoga, the kind we are doing is called, Hatha Yoga. No meditation, or humming! Lots of stretching and sit ups and strengthening of the muscles. It feels really nice and has made me feel much more energized.

Yesterday, we also had the privelage of hosting a way too much fun Downhere screening party for their new CD that is coming out in May. (May 23 to be exact, go out and buy it...I'm serious, its awesome!). Downhere had more songs recorded than could be put on the CD, so they asked a whole bunch of differnet people to get together groups, and listen to the CD and rate the songs.
We had a blast, and really really REALLY enjoyed the CD. Personally, I think it is some of their best stuff they have ever done. Job well done guys:) If you want to check out Downhere, you can click on the link on the right for their blog. Also go to www.downhere.com to their official website. I can't wait to see the response this new album gets, and I hope you all are encouraged by it.

Superbowl yesterday...yay for the Steelers winning it all. I might have watched the game on the biggest TV I have ever seen in my life. A girl from our church has parents who own a gigantic TV, and its has become quite a tradition that we watch the Superbowl at their house every year. We had a lot of fun and ate way too much food.

Well, I had best get back to doing something productive. Tonight it is grocery shopping:) How many people out there actually enjoy grocery shopping? I'm a little torn on this issue. There are times when I enjoy it, but others when I absolutely would rather do anything else but shop for groceries. Unfortunately because Stephen and I are so busy, we sometimes have to shop in the evenings, and apparently the grocery store forgets that there are people out there like us, so they don't stock anything back up. Numerous times they have been out of things, because we decided to come at 6:00PM instead of 10:00AM. Hopefully tonight we have better luck.

3 comments:

carissa said...

Man...your life is way too busy!! Meliss we seriously need to hang out one of these days, seriously very soon!!
Love you lots

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... life assurance Printing business card software free sports nip slip