Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crummy Week

Its been a terrible week for me. At least from my perspective. I'm struggling with trusting God and that he wants the best for my life. I'm struggling with fear, and worry. I'm struggling physically. I've been sick since September on and off with cold, and various other things. This past weekend I contracted a really bad eye infection and then on top of that I received another cold this week. So many times I have just felt like giving up. Throwing in the towel. I have thrown up my hands a few times and cried out to God and asked him "WHY??". Frustration has set in, and I hurt those around me because of my bad attitude and negativity.
I happened to open this little devotional today...not the page it should be for today, but for one earlier and I started to read it. It talks about how God is good, but life can really suck sometimes, physcially, emotionally, spritually. You name it, it's gonna suck. This line really caught me..."Pain always tries to shrink my world to the immediate, but faith lifts my eyes to see the big picture. In spite of the pain."
I turned to Pslam 91:
" He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.
A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.
You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.
If you make the Most High your dwelling— even the LORD, who is my refuge-
then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.
For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
"Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

If you think of it, please keep me in your prayers this week. That God would heal my eye, that he would heal my heart and the fear and worry that I have.

5 comments:

carissa said...

Oh Meliss...it has been FAR too long since I've seen you. We need to go out for coffee very soon. I'm praying for you that your eye gets better and you start to learn on God more. I can't wait to see you tonight!! love ya!

Charisa said...

Hey Mel,
I've been reading your blog lately (and stalking you... j/k); it's good to hear a bit of what you and Stephen are up to! And thanks for your honesty - isn't it exciting to see how God speaks through His Word - the rights words at the right time. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Wow my dear. i'm guessing that you & i could write a book these days on how hard it is to put all of our trust in God. i'm right there with you. i admitted to him last nite that i just am not sure if i can trust Him enough to take care of me like i need Him too...or give me the things i think i need in life. where do i get off telling GOd that? i'm not sure, but i felt the need to be honest with Him. Sometimes we can't see Him, sometimes it would just be so much easier to figure it all out on our own. But He takes that burden upon Himself...and i think we just have to sit back & let Him do it...we are worried enough, sick enough, and tired enough that there's nothing for us to lose.
i'm sending big hugs, and if you ever need to talk - i'm here.
Love ya.

Anonymous said...

hey mel
i am praying for you and i myself am struggling big time but i know that God is right beside me in everything that i do and he doesn't give us more than we can handle i hope things get better fro you.I have a blog if you ever want to visit me go to

www.xanga.com/beauty_forashes
just type in everything i put there and you should get to it well you have a good day.

Anonymous said...

by the way this is evonne