Friday, November 04, 2005

let it snow...let it snow..let it snow

Give it a week and this is what it is going to be like...for the next 5 months!


So as I look out my window here at work, millions and trillions of little snowflakes are falling down from the sky. And they seem to be getting bigger and bigger...which isn't a good sign. Today the forecast says "isolated flurries". I wasn't sure exactly what that meant until last year when I asked my mother. Snow falls in only certain areas, and sometimes harder than others. Apparently all the snow is falling in MY isolated area, because there sure seems to be a lot of it!
It hasn't yet begun to stick to the ground. The flakes thankfully fall and then dissapear, but let me tell you...that won't last for long. One long pause away from the window and then I look back and somehow a whole 5 cm is on the ground.
Every year I anticpate our winter, and every year I am so unprepared when that first snow fall hits. It is like my hearts sinks to my knees when I see mounds and mounds of snow on the ground. (just a little update...the flakes are gigantic now! And yup, as I predicted, they are starting to stick to the ground.)
But I also realize how beauitful the snow is. It really is amazing how God created it. No two snowflakes are alike. I suppose I need to keep telling myself that there is beauty in ALL of God's creation...even in the stuff that I think is cold and icy! Even though snow can be such a pain to shovel, to scrap off your car when it is wet and frozen, or a pain to drive in...I can still think it is beauitful and thank God for it. (But man...I am gonna need some serious help because right now I could cry! One minute its beauitful the next it is snowing gigantic balls of ice!)

1 comment:

karina said...

aaah snow. i like it, just not the icy roads that come with it and the darkness.