Friday, September 08, 2006

a special message from stephen...


Let me start by saying I don't do this. I don't blog. Never really been my thing, and Melissa's doin' a bang up job here, so I'm not gonna intrude with my rookie-blogger mistakes. In fact, I don't even check blogs. Not even ours. Every once in awhile, I'll check in on ours, and be surprised by the thoughtful comments that Melissa has, or see pictures that I didn't even know we took. Turns out my wife is pretty insightful, AND can take a darn good photo, to boot. Often I am blessed or encouraged by the things Melissa says in reference to me, even though she knows the likelihood of me seeing it is pretty low.

But in my few forays into the blogosphere, I have noticed a disturbing trend in the comments section of this blog...

And for that reason, unbeknownst to Melissa, I'm hijacking this blog to speak my piece. :)

People have begun taking shots at me and my Canucks. And I don't check, so these mad people have gone unchecked. In fact, Matt blindsided me with a blogger 2x4 with his comments in the Labour Day post, and Janelle... sweet, friendly Janelle got in a not-so-subtle dig at my jersey. And if you thought nothing could get me into blogging, you thought wrong!

And so, I am here to say that, of all the things to bring me to post, it is in defence of my beloved Canucks. And let this be a warning to you all--go ahead and bash them all you want, but it will no longer be easy and without retort (but I guess I shouldn't get too worked up about people who enjoy the Leafs making comments... i mean, c'mon. The Leafs?!?).

I'll be waiting for the next one, ready to pounce like Felix "the Cat" Potvin. Oh wait... he didn't really pan out for us. Who do we have now? Oh yeah, Luongo! (And if you think that was just an excuse to remind everyone that my Vancouver Canucks will be starting Roberto flippin' Luongo in goal on Oct 5th, you're right.)

Long Live The Whale!


Sincerely,
Stephen

8 comments:

Janelle said...

not as sweet as you thought hey?? haha.
as much as i'm excited that you blogged, it's sad that your only post had to be about a team that is just so...so....well, i have to give them credit for having some of the best looking guys in the league...but besides that, they got NOTHING..even with Ro-sucko.
the Leafs are our national pride & team...the Canucks are a national joke...keep that in mind.

- sweet janelle -

Anonymous said...

You had me getting steamed right through, and I'll give it to you, Ro-sucko cut me like a hot knife through butter... but then I read "Leafs" and "national pride" in the same sentence. The giggling hasn't stopped yet...

ST

Dan King said...

stephen makes the big blogger debut!! i was moved (to tears)!!

::dan::

Janelle said...

your heart must be American..only true Canadians bleed blue...and not sucky Canucky blue...REAL blue, Maple Leaf blue. I mean, they are even called the MAPLE LEAFS???????? doesn't that say something????
p.s. am I fired from Fuse? I can start being nice you know..

Anonymous said...

it does say something... it says they don't know english. What is a Leafs anyway? :)

ST

Janelle said...

i gotta give you that one. but you havn't won the war...we'll see come hockey season. oh, this could get fun!

Kim said...

Long Live Luongo. Finally the Canucks have a goalie. Check the Cornerstone website. I have it on good authority that there is a burn about the Canucks in your profile. As Canuck fans we look out for one another. Go Canucks Go!

patti said...

stephen, between you and me, i think we can take her! janelle beware!