Monday, May 29, 2006

Time with Jesus

What an amazing God we get the privilage of serving! I feel somewhat cliche for writing about my past weekend at YC Edmonton and trying to explain to all of you who weren't there how wonderful of a time myself and Stephen and our group of kids had. I just wanted to share some thoughts about how awesome God is. How incredibly big and powerful he is and how so often I forget that.

Amongst the business of this weekend, and all the running around with my senior high kids and listening to extremely loud music and jumping up and down and screaming, I was able to meet with God. Or maybe God met with me...I'm pretty sure that was it. He just reminded me of how powerful he was, how big he is, how incredibly amazing it is that he controls everything. Saturday night Chris Tomlin led us in worship. In the midst of worshiping God, I opened my eyes to watch all the 16, 000 other youth leaders and kids across the stadium. Everyone in the entire stadium was holding hands and began to jump together as we were praising God. It was absoultely incredible. I smiled thinking to myself.."only God could orchestrate something so beautiful". God just puts a smile on my face! How great it is to be able to worship him, and I know how much he loves it, because my bible tells me that we were made to worship him and that he loves our praises. All the fear was stripped away this weekend as I was able to humbly come before God and praise him with everything me. He is so worthy of all of our praise and adoration! He loves it when we scream his name, when we lift our voices to him. I was reminded this weekend that I was made to worship God. God made me so that I could praise him. That was the soul purpose for Christ creating me. Nothing else is more important than me living my life to worship Jesus. In those moments when we worship God, there is no other place that we would rather be..it just feels...right. It wasn't about the experience of YC, or the experience with God that I had. I don't want to call it that. It was the fact that God showed me this weekend what eternity with him is going to look like. When I leave this earth, I get the privelage of praising God forever. Worshiping with him in ways that I definitly don't comprehend here on earth. Isn't that SO awesome to think about!

I love God, and I love praising him. I am continuing to learn to get past my fears and whole heartedly engage in worship, wherever I am...not just at YC. What a shame if I let something as silly as worry about what others may think of me than doing what God made me to do!

I just want to say that I love my youth kids, that I love God and that I love what I do as a Youth Leader! Stephen and I are so proud of our youth kids! Thank you guys for letting God work through you and in you. I was a joy to watch you praise God, and I look forward to praising with you in the future and in heaven! You are a great bunch, and it has been such a blessing to get to know you. I love you guys! ( and so does Stephen, I'm pretty sure! hahaha)


And all God's people said, AMEN!
Melissa