Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The blogging continues! REID FAMILY CHRISTMAS 2006!

Stephen and I are having Christmas with his entire family this year in Caronport, therefore we had to do some strategic planning when it came to getting together with my family to work something out. Today was our family Christmas. We were all commenting that it was actually kind of fun to have Christmas early this year instead of on Christmas day.

This year was a little different with our family. We decided to only buy one gift for everyone, so we drew names from a hat. It actually was really fun, and great to be able to put so much thought into one gift! Instead of spending money on each other, we put that money towards sending gifts through Canadian Food for the Hungary to less fortunate families in Africa. We were able to send two family packages, an Agri Combo that provides one family with a pig, 4 rabbits and fruit trees and seeds to plant! How awesome! The other combo we were able to get was a Family Combo which will provide another family with medical coverage for a year, school supplies and money for their kids to go to school and also some fruit trees and seeds to plant some great gardens! It is so much better to give than receive, and I really have been feeling that this year.

It was a really fun night, and will most definitly be treasured as times to get together will be far and few between from now on! I just love my family! I hope they know that.

I took some pictures of the night. Maegan and Jordan kept telling me to stop taking so many pictures! haha I didn't care! You can NEVER take too many pictures!

Artsy pic...this is actually my tree at home

My beautiful parents!

My surprise...my dad built me this really cool shelf, he also built my mom one too. They are built out of old doors that he got...I need to finish it and paint it! I love it!

Jordan's surprise funny gift...he actually got some really sweet snow boarding pants...but Mom and Dad gave him these ones first...he actually liked these ones too! Hot jord....bright purple! My dad accidentally bid on them on ebay and ended up winning them...haha Its a great joke among our family

No comments: