Tuesday, August 29, 2006

God's Blessings

Just thinking about the many blessings in my life this morning. Remebering how God has answered my specific prayers this past year, and has blessed me with what I asked him for. Realizing that I don't deserve the amazing life that I have been given. Thinking about all the reasons why I should be thankful TODAY. The sun is shining, my sister is home safe, my family is healthy!, I have food to eat when I get home, I have a house to live in and a bed to sleep, I have a job and the opportunity to work, I have the love of a wonderful man and an amazing family, I've found Jesus and the grace and hope that he has given me.
For some reason, God allowed me to be born into a country that is safe and gives me the right to worship my God. For some reason God has blessed me with material riches that others may never see in their life. I am beginning to realize that these gifts I did not earn, but were given to me as just that, a gift. I am reminded daily that I need to appreciate those things that I often take for granted and recognize that I am fortuante. I am undeserving, but God continues to bless me.
Lord, help me to use those things that you have given me as a gift to honor you. Help me to not appreciate them more than I appreciate you.

"Many, O Lord my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5

1 comment:

carissa said...

Very cool post Meliss, it's so crazy how many times we don't realize how lucky we are!! We have so much in this world that we take for granted!! Thanks for reminding us. Love ya girl!!